TLC is pleased to provide you with an opportunity to complete Level-1 Certification requirements in an independent study in the comfort of your own home. Save time and money by selecting this option!
The following items are included in Level-1 eCertification:
• Children of Trauma online course
View Dr. Caelan Kuban’s full-day, Children of Trauma presentation. Required text "Working with Grieving and Traumatized Children and Adolescents" is included and will be mailed to you.
• Structured Sensory Interventions online course
View Dr. Caelan Kuban’s full-day presentation. Activities will provide participants with practice using TLC Structured Sensory Interventions for Traumatized Children, Adolescents and Parents (SITCAP). Case studies will be shared to teach you how to apply mind body skills while focusing on the primary themes of trauma.
• Psychophysiology of Trauma online course
This course focuses on understanding the physiology of trauma by understanding the normal life-preserving survival responses of “flight/fight/freeze” in an individual and how it fulfills nature’s species-preserving function.
• Expressive Art Therapy online course
This course will take you into the experiential world and work of expressive arts. It will provide a foundation in expressive arts therapy from which to build upon. You will explore some of the main models of expressive therapies, identify the primary principles and premises that build a theory of expressive arts and learn how to invite your clients to an expressive experience with the arts.
• One additional TLC 6-hour online courses of your choice
Pick the one additional online course you would like to take in the drop-down menu on the upper left.
• Level-1 Exam
A requirement for Certification is completion of the online exam. Finish in your own time-frame in the comfort of your own home. No CEs available for the exam.
Required materials included:
• "Working with Grieving and Traumatized Children and Adolescents" by William Steele & Caelan Kuban
• Children of Trauma resource packet and Structured Sensory Interventions resource packet and any other required textbook for your TLC online course of choice, if applicable.