How to Maintain Your Certification Status
TLC Certification Renewal Policy
Updated January 2017
- In order to maintain certification by the National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children as a Certified Trauma Practitioner (CTP) or Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner (ACTP), individuals must register for and complete, one live or online TLC approved course per calendar year that they have not previously taken.
- In the event that certification has lapsed since 2014, individuals must take one live or online TLC approved course per calendar year since the lapse occurred, as well as the CTP Renewal Exam.
- If the lapse occurred in 2013 or earlier, FULL Recertification is needed which includes:
- Five total courses: 3 of the user’s choice plus the updated foundational courses Children of Trauma and Healing the Experience of Trauma.
- CTP Final Exam.
TLC Certification Status Benefits Include:
- Consultation as needed with Dr. Caelan Soma, Director
- Inclusion in and access to TLC’s referral directory