We are excited to have you join us for Starr’s first-ever virtual conference on July 20-22!
We appreciate your commitment to learning new, trauma-informed and resilience-focused tools and approaches to supporting the children, families, and communities you serve. These are difficult times. Please know that your support for the children you serve IS making a difference! Your presence at this 3-day event will equip you with new tools to enhance this support, and we hope you find both the content and experience empowering and educational.
- Go to https://learn.starr.org/.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, enter your email address and password and select the green arrow button to log in. Forgot your password? Click here to reset it.
- Once logged in, click on your “Dashboard” then click on “2020 Trauma and Resilience Virtual Conference”.
How to prepare for the conference
To ensure an optimal experience, we recommend preparing the following prior to the first day of the conference:
- Access to a computer/laptop with a strong and consistent internet connection.
- Access to https://vimeo.com. Each session will be streamed at https://learn.starr.org using Vimeo’s streaming video platform. To test your access to Vimeo, you can sign up for a free course (Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools, Children of Trauma and Resilience) at https://starr.org/store/ and confirm you can see the course videos for the course at https://learn.starr.org. More information on accessing your online content is available here.
IMPORTANT: The Starr team will be unable to troubleshoot any individual issues that arise regarding connectivity issues during the conference. If you have any questions or concerns prior to the conference, please contact email@example.com.
In addition, please ensure you have a comfortable space to settle into and move around in throughout each day. Much like a traditional conference experience, we will be building in breaks between sessions, but alongside that, make sure you have:
- Access to a quiet, interruption-free environment (or as quiet of an environment as possible – for those with kids and pets, we understand this is easier said than done!)
- The ability to sit and stand (whatever is most comfortable for you!), while still seeing your computer or TV screen (if you have the ability to cast/project to it)
- Healthy snacks and beverages on hand, to keep your energy up.
In fact, approach this like you are creating your own comfort corner, and we trust your virtual experience will be a great one!