Practicing Resilience: Essential Self-Care Strategies for Helping Professionals
Pre-Requisite Courses: None
Course Overview: Practicing Resilience: Essential Self-Care Strategies for Helping Professionals is a journey of awareness, care, and compassion. Too frequently in a helping profession burnout are vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue written-off as the cost of caring. We know that this does not have to be true. Professionals need to find ways to live and flourish in their work. How do we do it? This training gives participants space to answer that question. Practicing Resilience will instill the absolute necessity of one’s commitment to intentionally care for themselves. One must know that self-care is not separate from their work; it is non-negotiable for their work. In this training/course, we will dig into what affects us as trauma practitioners, the psychophysiology of joy and stress, and the paradox as a spiritual possession. We will learn about the natural negativity bias and daily positive practices to counter it. In addition, we will inquire of our own universal needs and harness the power of neuroplasticity and awareness. Participants
will be guided through an array of experiences designed to help attune themselves to their true nature, connect them to their strengths, create resilient habits, and create a self-defined plan for how to care for themselves.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the experience of compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, and burnout.
- Recognize the impact of society, organizations, and our personal experiences on how we find balance in our work.
- Describe the psychophysiology of stress and joy.
- Recognize negativity bias, and harness the power of neuroplasticity.
- Identify your own Universal Needs and evaluate your Circle of Courage®.
- Demonstrate physical, mental, and emotional awareness practices to help guide you in creating an intentional, individualized plan to build resilience daily.
Unique Course Features:
- Nearly 3 hours of guided movement practices
- Over 50 minutes of guided meditations
- Over 20 activities, including the framework to develop and implement your own self-care plan
Included with Purchase:
- A downloadable PDF of the Practicing Resilience: Essential Self-Care Strategies for Helping Professionals Guidebook
- CE Certificate of Completion
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete and we encourage you to take your time with it, completing the full experience over a 6-8 week period (or at whatever pace works best for you and your self-care needs).
- Starr eLearning courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever you need it most.
- Once you purchase this course, you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days) – and courses can be renewed for another year for an additional fee.
- Practicing Resilience: Essential Self-Care Strategies for Helping Professionals counts as an elective toward achieving a Starr Commonwealth professional
certification. Click here to learn more!