Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools
FREE FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY!
Pre-Requisite Courses: None
Course Overview: Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools teaches school professionals how to create trauma-informed schools and classrooms. The training focuses on resilience, exploring the core values and beliefs of educators and places an emphasis on understanding how trauma impacts children and their school experience. Lastly, proactive strategies such as fostering connections, prioritizing social and emotional skills, establishing safety, and promoting play are presented. This course provides detailed information and concrete actions that answer not just the “why” but also the “how” to create the best classroom and school supports for traumatized students and the school professionals who serve them.
This course covers the first 6 steps of the 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School (if you have taken the previous version of the course: Trauma-Informed Schools)
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least five questions to ask to promote a trauma-informed and resilience-focused mindset when working with students in the school setting.
- Identify the four main protective factors of resilient youth.
- Discuss the four universal needs and provide examples to support each.
- Name three differences between grief and trauma reactions.
- Identify the three main functions of the deep brain.
- Identify at least three functions of the outer brain.
- Describe how trauma impacts the deep and outer brain functions specifically in the school setting.
- Identify at least five ways trauma and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms may overlap.
- Identify at least five proactive strategies for every classroom.
- Name at least three of the top fears of school-age children.
Included with Purchase:
- A downloadable PDF of the Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools Guidebook and Presentation
- CE Certificate of Completion (through approved providers)
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr eLearning courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Once you purchase this course, you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days) – courses can be renewed for another year for an additional fee.
- Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools is the first of five courses required to achieve Certified Trauma Practitioner
certification on Starr’s education track. Click here to learn more!