In this foundation-setting course, participants will be walked, step-by-step, through the 10 steps to create a trauma-informed, resilience-focused school.
Presented by Dr. Caelan Soma, the course content focuses on resilience and an emphasis on understanding how trauma impacts children and their school experience. It provides proactive strategies such as fostering connections, prioritizing social and emotional skills, establishing safety, and promoting play. Detailed information and concrete actions are also covered, and in a way that doesn’t just answer the “why” but also the “how” to create the best classroom and school supports for traumatized students and the school professionals who serve them. Later in the course, a strong focus on understanding the link between a student’s private logic and their academic achievement and behavior deficits in the Circle of Courage’s universal needs is addressed, as well as how to assess students and create behavior support plans for each. Strategies to collaborate with families and communities and to support staff will be presented also, as well as examples of how to collect and utilize outcome data.
Included with Purchase:
- Closed Captioning on all video content (English & Spanish subtitles available)
- Downloadable PDFs of:
- 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Book
- 10 Steps Activities Packet
- Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Behavior Support Plan for Children and Adolescents
- Circle of Courage Staff Self-Assessment
- Violence in School: What Matters Most
- One-year of StarrPASS CTRS-E streaming access on starr.org
- Course Exam (upon successful completion certification is awarded)
- Access to the course page for 1 year (365 days)
- Course Certificate of Completion
- Certified Trauma and Resilience Specialist in Education (CTRS-E) Certification, Badge, and Certificate of Completion