Starr Commonwealth is committed to helping professionals increase their understanding of trauma-informed, resilience-focused tools and practices, advance their career goals, and train fellow child, family, and community advocates. This is all made possible by becoming a Certified Trauma & Resilience Trainer.
To support aspiring Certified Trauma & Resilience Trainers (CTRTs), Starr has created a new certification eBundle that includes all 5 pre-requisite courses required for CTRT Training eligibility. The new eBundle allows future trainers to achieve both Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioner (CTRP) status in their area of focus and, ultimately, CTRT certification in the most cost-effective, time-conscious manner possible.
To become a Certified Trauma & Resilience Trainer, individuals must first:
- Complete Children of Trauma and Resilience (Clinical Track – Course 1)
- Complete Structured Sensory Interventions II (Clinical Track – Course 2)
- Complete Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools (Educational Track – Course 1)
- Complete Resetting for Resilience (Educational Certification – Course 2)
- Complete Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools (Educational – Course 3)
- Pass the CTRP Clinical Exam and maintain active CTRP status
- Complete and submit the CTRT Application
Upon successful completion of the items above, individuals must then:
- Receive CTRT Application approval to take the CTRT Training
- Purchase and Pass the CTRT Training ($900/individual or $6,500/organization)
- Sign the CTRT Agreement (upon completion of the Training)
As a Starr Certified Trauma & Resilience Trainer, individuals will not only become part of a large network of trauma-informed, resilience-focused professionals, but also become an instrumental piece in equipping other professionals with new tools and knowledge on how to best meet children where they are needed most. Certification status is active for 1 year. Please visit our CTRT webpage for renewal requirement information.
Heal trauma, build resilience, and improve future health outcomes by starting your path to certification today.
Maintaining CTRP Certification
Once certified practitioner status has been achieved, individuals must complete the following each calendar year to maintain active status:
- Complete one of Starr’s CE approved 6 credit online courses, OR
- Attend a full-day Starr training, OR
- Attend a Starr Trauma & Resilience Conference
- Once purchased, you will have access to each course and exam included in the bundle for 1-year (365 days)