Forty customizable weekly lessons to teach, model, and reinforce life-long social, emotional, and behavioral skills
The aim of the program is to empower teachers, schools, and their students to create Courageous Classrooms by providing each a basic understanding of the body’s response to toxic stress and trauma, teaching new skills to cope with everyday triggers and school-related stressors, and reinforcing resilience and positive behavior. The content is designed to fit into elementary classrooms or school-wide Tier I behavioral health supports, but it can be easily adapted for all grade levels and generalized for all settings – including a child’s home, school, and community.
- Comprehensive introductory video that introduces educators to the program concepts, implementation strategies, and underlying philosophy of how to support student’s social, emotional, and behavioral growth
- 40 customizable weekly lessons (4 comprehensive units with 5 stand-alone lessons)
- PowerPoint lessons to introduce and teach each skill in the classroom
- Classroom visuals and/or poster of each skill or set of skills
- Student worksheets for additional practice and review of each skill
- Weekly staff emails for sharing information across a school or school system
- Weekly parent/guardian letters to help extend lessons into homes and communities
- Access to a community (through a closed Facebook group) of like-minded professionals actively using the Skill of the Week program. Teach, learn, and grow together as experts in social-emotional learning.
Learn more about Starr Commonwealth’s Courageous Classrooms: Skill of the Week and download our free sample kit.
For inquiries about multi-user licenses that can be used within your school or across your district, please click here to submit your request.
- Once purchased, you will have access to the program for 1-year (365 days)
- Upon expiration, you will automatically be offered the option to renew at a reduced cost (for up to two additional years)
- Multi-user license renewal should be discussed directly with a Starr Customer Care representative by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to school/district’s renewal date