Crisis Response & Debriefing for Criminal Justice Professionals teaches criminal justice practitioners about responding to crises while fostering resilience in survivors. Helpful concepts and techniques such as the Basics Model and LUV triangle will be presented. Special topics on suicide, sexual assault, mental health crisis, and working with survivors of homicide are included. Debriefing formats and scripts for children and adults are also shared
Instructor: Dr. Caelan Soma, PsyD, LMSW, CTRT, ACTRP, Starr Commonwealth Chief Clinical Officer
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how crisis responders not only help individuals resolve crises but also foster resilience.
- Discuss the importance of de-escalation in crisis response.
- Explain the components of the LUV Triangle.
- Identify at least 3 examples of statements leading to secondary wounding.
- Learn several ways criminal justice practitioners and mental health practitioners can collaborate.
- Understand key factors in suicide response.
- Discuss the process of debriefing.
Included with Purchase:
- Closed captioning on all video content (English & Spanish subtitles available)
- Downloadable PDF of the guidebook and presentation handouts
- Certificate of completion
- This course takes approximately six (6) hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Upon purchase, you will have access to this course for one year (365 days).