In this online course, participants will be supported to enter a brave, psychologically safe space to explore the history of oppression and reflect on lived experiences. We will take a hop, skip, and jump through history to support how we arrived at the systems of oppression that exist today. Definitions of terms that separate and dehumanize people will be taught to build shared awareness. The Five Shifts to Transformation will be taught to give participants initial engagement with how they can show up in the process of transformation. Participants will also be encouraged to lean into a vision for creating a culture of anti-oppression, accountability, and oneness.
- Erin Reed, CTRT, ACTRP, RYT 500, Starr Commonwealth Well-Being, Healing, and Resilience Educator
- Kenneth Ponds, CTRT, Starr Commonwealth Vice President of Oneness
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand agreements to encourage brave, psychologically safe spaces.
- Engage with historical context to support a general understanding of how systems of oppression have been created and upheld over time.
- Know the meaning of terms related to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Recognize the Five Shifts to Transformation as tools for personal and organizational change.
- Envision a culture of belonging, accountability, and oneness.
Included with Purchase:
- Closed captioning on all video content (English subtitles available)
- Downloadable PDF of the guidebook and presentation handouts
- Certificate of completion
- This course takes approximately six (6) hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Upon purchase, you will have access to this course for one year (365 days).