Group Strategies and Interventions will focus on the benefits, strategies, interventions, and considerations important to facilitating group work with traumatized children and adolescents. The course content is presented in the form of readings and activities (minimal to no video content is included), introducing participants to themes, sensory-based activities, therapeutic books, games, and creative interventions to implement in group settings.
- Demonstrate practical tools and recall important themes to consider when working with traumatized youth
- Identify group interventions and resources that incorporate sensory-based intervention, therapeutic books, and art expression
- Explain how a trauma-informed understanding of these strategies and interventions can promote safety, emotional expression, coping, validation, and normalizing when working with traumatized youth
- Demonstrate awareness and insight about the benefits of using hands-on and creative interventions in group work with traumatized youth
Course Creator/Instructor: Gretchen Miller
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete (you do not have to complete it in one sitting)
- Once you purchase this course, you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days)