SAVE 75% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME!
Course Overview: Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools takes participants deeper into the brain science of trauma and toxic stress, exploring the polyvagal theory, epigenetics, and the science of resilience. The content emphasizes the importance of hope when working with at-risk students. Participants will learn about the SITCAP® model (Structured Sensory Interventions for Traumatized Children, Adolescents, and Parents) and practice sensory-based interventions from a variety of SITCAP® model programs, including Healing the Experience of Trauma: A Path to Resilience specific for schools. Experiential activities will also showcase how to process trauma and nurture and restore resilience in students of all ages.
This course contains much of the same content from the former Healing the Experience of Trauma: A Path to Resilience online course, and has been adapted for school professionals.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Name and describe the two branches of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Discuss the polyvagal theory as it relates to trauma and resilience.
- Name at least one reason epigenetics is important to trauma practitioners.
- Identify the main components of the SITCAP model.
- Discuss how safety is maintained when implementing the SITCAP model.
- Identify how exposure is connected to body sensations.
- Name at least five questions to help create a trauma or resilience theme narrative.
- Provide at least one example of cognitive reframing.
- Discuss how the SITCAP model restores the universal needs of youth.
- Identify at least three examples of sensory-based interventions for students in the school setting.
Included with Purchase:
- Closed Captioning on all video content (English & Spanish subtitles available)
- Downloadable PDFs of the Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools Guidebook and Presentation
- CE Certificate of Completion (through approved providers)
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr eLearning courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Upon purchase, you will have access to this course for 1-year (365 days).
- Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools is the third of five courses required to achieve Certification Trauma & Resilience Practitioner certification on Starr’s education track. Click here to learn more!