SAVE 75% OFF FOR A LIMITED TIME!
Pre-requisite Course: Children of Trauma and Resilience (or Children of Trauma)
Audience:Clinicians, social workers, and caring professionals who support children, families, and communities
Course Overview: Structured Sensory Interventions II takes participants deeper into the brain science of trauma and toxic stress, exploring the polyvagal theory, epigenetics, and the science of resilience. The content emphasizes the importance of hope when working with at risk and traumatized youth. Participants learn about the SITCAP® model (Structured Sensory Interventions for Traumatized Children, Adolescents and Parents) andn practice sensory based interventions from a variety of SITCAP® model programs, including Healing the Experience of Trauma: A Path to Resilience. Experiential activities and the presentation of case examples showcase how to process trauma and nurture and restore resilience in youth of all ages.
Note: The course combines content from ALL previous Structured Sensory Interventions and Healing the Experience of Trauma trainings.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Name and describe the two branches of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Discuss the polyvagal theory as it relates to trauma and resilience.
- Name at least one reason epigenetics is important to trauma practitioners.
- Identify the main components of the SITCAP® model.
- Discuss how safety is maintained when implementing the SITCAP® model.
- Identify how exposure is connected to body sensations.
- Name at least five questions to help create a trauma or resilience narrative.
- Provide at least one example of cognitive reframing.
- Discuss how the SITCAP model restores the universal needs of youth.
- Identify at least three examples of sensory-based interventions for youth.
Included with Purchase:
- A downloadable PDF of the Structured Sensory Interventions II Guidebook and Presentation
- CE Certificate of Completion
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr eLearning courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Once you purchase this course, you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days) – courses can be renewed for another year at an additional fee if desired.
- Structured Sensory Interventions II is the second of five courses required to achieve Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioner certification on Starr’s clinical track. Click here to learn more!