Audience: Designed for clinical professionals/counselors.
Course Instructor: Dr. Caelan Soma, PsyD, LMSW, CTRT
Course Overview: Mental health disorders are the most common diseases of childhood. Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment & Differential Diagnosis will provide participants an understanding of the significant overlapping symptomology between mental health disorders and childhood trauma, and a clear view of what it looks like in schools and classrooms. In addition, the gap between the need and treatment of mental health problems in schools will be discussed. Participants will learn practical ways they can help, including: reducing the stigma of mental health, bridging the gaps between treatment and need, and focusing on fostering and nurturing characteristics of resilience in students.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Compare at least five ways a trauma-informed, resilience-focused assessment is different than a standardized assessment
- Identify the overlapping symptomology between trauma and at least two other common mental health disorders from the DSM 5.
- Describe the pathway of a dysregulated central nervous system to the use of at-risk coping behaviors
- Name five common characteristics found in the drawings of traumatized children
- Provide a list of at least 3 assessment activities most helpful with school-age children as a result of taking this course
Included with Purchase:
- Closed Captioning on all video content (English subtitles available)
- Downloadable PDFs of the Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment & Differential Diagnosis Guidebook and Presentation
- CE Certificate of Completion (through approved providers)
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr eLearning courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Upon purchase, you will have access to this course for 1-year (365 days).
- Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment & Differential Diagnosis is the third of five courses required to achieve Certification Trauma & Resilience Practitioner certification on Starr’s clinical track. Click here to learn more!
- Starr Commonwealth has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5768. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Starr Commonwealth is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. This course has been approved by NBCC for CE credit.