View Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools for FREE on our streaming platform, or, purchase it today to receive credit towards a Starr professional certification or your continuing education requirements (please see CE details below).
If you have already viewed the video content on our streaming platform and wish to receive formal credit for its completion, please purchase this course to gain access to the additional resources and complete the required exam.
Pre-Requisite Courses: None
Course Overview: Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools teaches school professionals how to create trauma-informed schools and classrooms. The training focuses on resilience, exploring the core values and beliefs of educators and places an emphasis on understanding how trauma impacts children and their school experience. Lastly, proactive strategies such as fostering connections, prioritizing social and emotional skills, establishing safety, and promoting play are presented. This course provides detailed information and concrete actions that answer not just the “why” but also the “how” to create the best classroom and school supports for traumatized students and the school professionals who serve them.
This course covers the first 6 steps of our flagship book: 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least five questions to ask to promote a trauma-informed and resilience-focused mindset when working with students in the school setting.
- Identify the four main protective factors of resilient youth.
- Discuss the four universal needs and provide examples to support each.
- Name three differences between grief and trauma reactions.
- Identify the three main functions of the deep brain.
- Identify at least three functions of the outer brain.
- Describe how trauma impacts the deep and outer brain functions specifically in the school setting.
- Identify at least five ways trauma and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms may overlap.
- Identify at least five proactive strategies for every classroom.
- Name at least three of the top fears of school-age children.
Included with Purchase:
- Closed Captioning on all video content (English & Spanish subtitles available)
- Downloadable PDFs of the Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools Guidebook and Presentation
- CE Certificate of Completion (through approved providers)
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr eLearning courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Upon purchase, you will have access to this course for 1-year (365 days).
- Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools is the first of five courses required to achieve Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioner certification on Starr’s education track. Click here to learn more!