The TISQ is a survey that answers the question: How trauma-informed and resilience-focused is your school? It measures your school staff members’ perceptions of the frequency to which they individually, and the school collectively, exhibit trauma-informed, resilience-focused knowledge and behaviors. The questionnaire builds upon Starr’s 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School. Scores indicate where your school is discovering, evolving, or flourishing in each of the 10 steps and identifies where and how to best focus your school’s efforts moving forward.
Upon completion, the report generated can serve as a key tool to:
- Identify new pathways to create sustainable, strength-based systems that provide a safe, structured, and supportive learning environment for students
- Offer guidance and support to staff
- Approach all aspects of education in trauma-informed and resilience-focused ways
- Communicate with key decision-makers, stakeholders, and funders
Download this one-page PDF for more information or to share with your school administration.
Key Product Features:
- One digital download of the “TISQ Quick-Start Guide”
- One, thirty-minute Research & Evaluation (R&E) onboarding consulting session at the onset of your project
- Template language to simplify, expedite, and enhance the communication of this project (and the TISQ) to participating staff
- One survey, completed at one time, generating one report per individual school building
- One, sixty-minute post-assessment consulting session to draft an action plan, based on your TISQ results
- One, single-user digital download of Starr’s 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School book
- A flexible implementation timeline, based on your staff’s needs and overall priorities
- While this product is designed specifically for individual school buildings, additional schools can be measured via the purchase of additional TISQs or by arranging a larger project/partnership with Starr
- Follow-up, Benchmark-TISQs can also be purchased to measure progress over time
- Advanced features such as data visualization to enhance the communication/presentation of your results to key-stakeholder is also available for purchase upon request
If you are interested in learning more about any of the add-on features noted above or discussing larger research needs/opportunities, please contact Starr’s R&E team by emailing email@example.com.