The purpose of this online course is to equip clinicians with the knowledge, power and skills to combat the hidden, pervasive and underground world of the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) and domestic minor sexual trafficking (DMST). Course consists of reading, some video clips and test. CEs included.
The participant will be able to:
- Define integral vocabulary for the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) and Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (DMST) and identify the most highly trafficked CSEC/DMST areas in the U.S.
- Become knowledgeable of the pimp-control hierarchy and list three attributes of offenders who commit CSEC/DMST crimes.
- Identify at least three warning signs of children and adolescents who may be trapped in CSEC/DMST.
- Describe the process of supply and demand as it relates to CSEC/DMST.
- Identify at least two individual and two communal impacts of CSEC/DMST.
- Become knowledgeable of at least three resources that aid in combating CSEC/DMST and identify three ways to engage in social justice advocacy for victims and survivors.
Course Creator/Instructor: Dr. Yolanda Fountain
This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete. You do not have to complete it in one sitting. Once you purchase this course you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days). You must complete it in that time period.