Overview: Zero to Three will provide you with the background and tools needed to work with infants, toddlers, and their caregivers after they have experienced a traumatic situation. The content is presented in the form of readings and activities/interventions (no video content is included), through which participants will learn how to educate parents, facilitate secure attachments, and reduce arousal so that healing can occur.
This course also includes a PDF of the Handbook of Trauma Interventions: Zero to Three.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Provide parent/caregiver education – starting as early as pregnancy
- Reduce arousal symptoms in both parent/caregiver and child
- Facilitate secure attachments between an infant/toddler and their primary caregivers, including strong emotional communication
- Reduce the incidence of long-term effects that trauma can have on the zero to three population
Course Creator/Instructor: Dr. Caelan Soma
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete (you do not have to complete it in one sitting) and consists of video clips and readings
- Upon purchase, you will have access to this course for 1-year (365 days)
- CE Certificate of Completion included (through approved providers), upon successful completion of the course
- Completion of the course fulfills an elective towards a Starr certification or annual recertification