Are you interested in promoting Starr Commonwealth programs and interventions, and training others about what it means to be a trauma-informed, resilience-focused professional and child advocate? Be a part of the Starr Commonwealth organization as a Certified Trainer! If you have expertise in strength-based trauma practices and are a good communicator, then you are an excellent candidate for this Certified Trainer Program.
If you have not obtained Certified Trauma Practitioner (CTP) Certification, a new eBundle has been created to allow you to achieve both CTP status in your area of focus and, ultimately, Certified Trainer status in the most cost-effective, time-conscious manner.
To obtain Certified Trainer status you must complete the requirements listed below.
- Complete Certified Trauma Practitioner (CTP-C or CTP-E) Certification
- Maintain active CTP status by taking one, six-credit Starr course every calendar year
- Successfully complete each of the following prerequisite courses:
- Children of Trauma and Resilience OR Children of Trauma
- Structured Sensory Interventions II OR Structured Sensory Interventions AND Healing the Experience of Trauma
- Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools OR Trauma-Informed Schools
- Resetting for Resilience
- Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools OR Healing the Experience of Trauma
- Complete a trainer application and be pre-approved to take the Certified Trainer Course PRIOR to purchasing the course registration
- Complete the Certified Trainer Course
- Acknowledge the Certified Trainer Guidelines
- Sign the Trainer Agreement
What to Expect in the Certified Trainer Course
- Review of the history and philosophy of Starr Commonwealth
- Answer any questions on content
- Review the trainer guidelines
- Review the Certified Trainer website and how to use it
- Present to fellow classmates a topic or activity of your choosing from one of the following core courses:
- All trainers will evaluate each other on their presentations
Certified Trainer Renewal Requirements
Initial Certified Trainer Certification is valid for the calendar year in which it was achieved plus the following calendar year (e.g., if I obtain my certification in 2020, my status will expire on December 31, 2021).
Annual recertification requirements are as follows:
- Maintain active Certified Trauma Practitioner status by successfully completing one, six-credit Starr course per calendar year during the certified period (e.g., if I achieve my Certified Trainer Certification in 2020, I will need to complete one course in 2021 – and each year that follows – to maintain active CT and therefore CTP status)
- Adhere to the Certified Trainer Guidelines, which are provided upon initial certification and can be found on the Certified Trainer “My Learning” Page
- Successfully complete the Certified Trainer Recertification Exam ($100)
- If you achieved your Certified Trainer Certification prior to 2020, your certification requirements remain the same as they were communicated at that point in time
- Pre-approval is required for purchase of the Certified Trainer Recertification Exam (please contact email@example.com for additional information)
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – we will be happy to share more about this exciting opportunity.