Starr is pleased to offer two Certified Trauma Practitioner tracks, one focused on the needs of clinicians and the other focused on the needs of educators. Certification requires participation in a total of five in-person or online trainings and the completion of one online exam. All courses include CEs.
Both Clinical and Educational tracks are available as online (eCertification) bundles, which include a specific, predetermined set of courses and the exam. Purchase an eCertification bundle and save today!
There are no prerequisites to begin your path toward certification, only a desire to learn new tools and approaches to support the children you serve!
Starr’s two practitioner tracks are as follows:
Certified Trauma Practitioner-Clinical
- Children of Trauma and Resilience
- Structured Sensory Interventions II
- 3 courses of your choice (unless purchasing the eBundle)
- CTP-C Exam (Note: CEs not available for the exam)
After achieving Certified Trauma Practitioner Certification for Clinicians, you may use the credential “CTP-C”, which stands for “Certified Trauma Practitioner-Clinical”.
- If you have taken Children of Trauma you have fulfilled the Children of Trauma and Resilience course requirement
- If you have taken Structured Sensory Interventions or Healing the Experience of Trauma, you have fulfilled the Structured Sensory Interventions II course requirement
Certified Trauma Practitioner-Educational
- Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools
- Resetting for Resilience
- Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools
- 2 courses of your choice (unless purchasing the eBundle)
- CTP-E Exam (CEs not available for the exam)
After achieving Certified Trauma Practitioner Certification for Educators, you may use the credential “CTP-E”, which stands for “Certified Trauma Practitioner-Educational”.
- If you have successfully completed Trauma-Informed Schools you have fulfilled the Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools course requirement
- If you have successfully completed Healing the Experience of Trauma you have fulfilled the Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools course requirement
Initial CTP certification is valid for the calendar year in which it was achieved plus the following calendar year (e.g., if I obtain my CTP-E in 2020, my certification status will expire on December 31, 2021). To maintain active CTP status, one, six-credit Starr course must be completed during the calendar in which your status is set to expire (e.g., using the example above, I will need to complete 1 course in 2021 – and on an ongoing, annual basis – to maintain active CTP status).