Starr Commonwealth awards continuing education (CE) certificates for many of our on-demand courses and trainings. Depending on your licensing board, credit can be achieved for the successful completion of the following:
- eLearning (On-Demand) Courses
- In-Person Trainings
- Virtual Trainings (via platforms like Zoom)
- Live/Virtual Conferences (e.g., Starr’s annual Trauma and Resilience Conference)
It is up to each individual to understand the licensing requirements within their jurisdiction, and participants are responsible for contacting their state licensing board to determine if credits awarded for completion of a Starr course/training will be accepted.
- Starr requires CE Applications be purchased and submitted within 60 days of any completed course/training
- In light of processing requirements, SCECH Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10-days of your course/training completion date (i.e., the date noted on your CE Certificate).
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) (Jurisdiction Map)
- New York State Board of Social Work
- Texas Education Agency CPEs
- Michigan SCECHs are available (Approved Content List)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), approved for the following clinical courses only:
Upon successful completion of eLearning (on demand) courses, participants are provided a CE Certificate of Completion, which can be submitted to your accrediting board for CE review and approval.
If you are attending an in-person or live, virtual training, you must complete the following to be eligible to receive CE credit:
- Successfully sign-in AND out of the training using Starr’s attendance tool (if conducted over more than one day, each day of the training requires the use of this tool)
- Purchase the CE Credit Application Processing Fee (upon purchase, the requested application will be provided as a digital download for completion)
- Submit your CE application via email (within 60 days of your completed training), following the directions noted on the application
- Receive CE confirmation from the team at Starr
- eLearning (On Demand) Courses: Included in course fee
- In-Person/Virtual Trainings: $35 Application Processing Fee
Please select this Purchase CE Application Processing Fee link to access the product in our store.
Starr Commonwealth has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5768. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Starr Commonwealth is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Starr Commonwealth (a.k.a. Starr Global Learning Network) #1276, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Starr Global Learning Network maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 continuing education clock hours. Licensed social workers should contact their individual regulatory board to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Core values of social work: The mission of the social work profession is rooted in a set of core values. These core values are:
- Social Justice
- Dignity and worth of the person
- Importance of human relationships
- Ethical conduct
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Starr’s Customer Care Team by emailing email@example.com or calling (800) 837-5591. To download a grievance form, click here.