Starr Commonwealth awards continuing education certificates for many of our training programs. If you are attending a Starr training in-person, you must check in each day to receive a certificate and six-hour CE credit. It is up to each individual to understand the licensing requirements within their jurisdiction, and participants are responsible for contacting their state licensing board to determine if credits awarded for completion of this program will be accepted.
Starr Commonwealth Continuing Education Approved Provider List*
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) jurisdiction map
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- New York State Board of Social Work
- Texas Education Agency CPEs
MISD Trauma and Resilience Conference
- Michigan SCECHs are available at Starr’s annual Trauma and Resilience Conference, held in Clinton Township, Michigan
Certified Trainer Training
- Certified Trainer Training does not provide CEs
*Note for live, onsite trainings: Continuing education (CE) certificates are available for an additional fee.
Starr Commonwealth (a.k.a. Starr Global Learning Network) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5768. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Starr Global Learning Network is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Starr Commonwealth (a.k.a. Starr Global Learning Network) #1276, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Starr Global Learning Network maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 continuing education clock hours. Licensed social workers should contact their individual regulatory board to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Core values of social work: The mission of the social work profession is rooted in a set of core values. These core values are:
- Social Justice
- Dignity and worth of the person
- Importance of human relationships
- Ethical conduct