Master Starr's core content | Empower your staff | Expand your professional offerings
"I’m able to share knowledge I’m passionate about beyond my own school and program. One of my goals with trauma and resilience work is to get the message to as many people as possible. Becoming a certified trainer has allowed me to do so while supplementing my income at the same time!"
Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioners can continue their path of certification by becoming a Starr Certified Trauma & Resilience Trainer (CTRT). This certification is designed for professionals who are invested in promoting Starr’s programs, interventions, and resilience-focused approach to healing trauma. As a CTRT, trainers can train each of Starr’s five core courses within or outside of their organization – sharing the same powerful tools and mindset they have mastered with new professionals and the children, families, and communities they serve. Now, we're offering CTRT Trainings virtually. This virtual training certifies individuals to train others in Starr’s five core courses:
- Children of Trauma and Resilience
- Structured Sensory Interventions II
- Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools
- Resetting for Resilience
- Healing Trauma and Restoring Resilience in Schools
CTRT Training Pre-Requisites:
- Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioner (CTRP) certification in current status
- Submittal and approval of CTRT Application (please see below)
- Purchase of your training seat (upon application approval, a link will be provided to you from Starr's Customer Care Team)
Virtual Training Format:
- 2-day, live session completed in the comfort of your home using Zoom
- Day 1 – Review the history of Starr Commonwealth and its core beliefs and one’s role and responsibilities as a Starr Certified Trainer; select and prepare a presentation from one of Starr’s core courses
- Day 2 – Present your presentation to your peers virtually and provide/receive feedback on your (and your peer’s) presentation
- Participation is capped at 24 individuals (and a minimum of 8 participants is required to proceed with any given date), so space is limited!
Individuals who successfully complete the training are certified and licensed to provide courses on behalf of Starr for one-year, at which time they must recertify. The one-year licensing period also provides certified trainers access to a webpage full of resources.
Annual recertification requirements include:
- Train one (1) of Starr’s five (5) core courses and complete all of the training requirements noted in the CTRT Agreement (e.g., utilize Starr’s attendance tool and trainer evaluation forms, require the purchase of Starr’ course resources, etc.)
- Complete one (1) previously uncompleted course annually