Our Stated Commitment
Starr Commonwealth is committed to the Oneness of Humankind as a core value. We recognize and appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We recognize that each employee’s unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible services and products to clients and partners.
Starr Commonwealth recognizes the historical and current struggles of all People of Color, Native Peoples, Immigrants, LGBTQ+, genders, classes, and abilities, spiritual minorities, and individuals who have been historically marginalized, impacted by toxic hierarchy, and taken by violence.
Starr Commonwealth recognizes that our individual social and cultural identities shape and influence our experiences and perspectives. When brought together, we believe that unique identities create opportunities for effective problem solving, sustainable and equitable growth, and in general a more holistic understanding of the world.
While we acknowledge that we have not yet achieved all of these goals, Starr Commonwealth sincerely supports these professed ideals. To demonstrate our commitment to greater diversity, equity, and inclusion, Starr commits to the following actions:
- Continue the work of our Anti-Racism Action Team, which was formed out of necessity and with the support of the organization’s senior leadership. The team implements initiatives and experiences that ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion. The team proposes and initiates sustained actions to transform our organizational culture.
- Elevate our participation in a national movement to work collectively as a sector to advance policies that aim to dismantle racism (especially white supremacy) and advance equitable policies.
- Diversify our workforce and practice inclusivity in how we work with one another.
- Create product and service offerings that build belonging and affirm all identities, beliefs, and practices.
- Address historical, racial, and intergenerational trauma through our trauma-responsive products, materials, and services.
- Continue to advance our mission to foster healing and resilience so that all children, families, and communities can flourish.
Our desire is to live and work with one another in peace and unity. Starr Commonwealth is striving to create a world where it is believed and understood that humankind, globally, can embrace and love one another and pursue the highest attainment of health, joy, and opportunity for all.