Schedule your event on Starr’s historic Albion campus today!
Founded by Floyd Starr in 1913, our historic Albion, Michigan campus was the home to our residential services program. The Albion Campus remains the proud home of our human resources, finance, marketing, and advancement offices, and also features a recreational center, the Chapel-in-the-Woods, Brueckner Museum and Art Gallery, Montcalm Lake, 305 acres of natural beauty, and the original barn and homes of Floyd Starr. It truly is a beautiful place for Starr to call home, and to continue Uncle Floyd’s legacy is an honor we cherish.
“Beauty is a silent teacher.”Floyd Starr, Founder & 1st President of Starr Commonwealth
Many spaces, indoor and outdoor, on Starr Commonwealth’s Albion Campus are now available to book for private events such as small conferences, large meetings, retreats, weddings, and more!****
Available spaces include:
· Mawby Conference Center & Auditorium includes meeting room(s), an auditorium that
seats 310, a commercial kitchen, and dining space for 175*.
· Towsley Center for Recreation includes a gymnasium, pool, locker rooms, racket/walley.
ball courts, weight room, and classroom.
· Chapel-in-the-Woods is perfect for weddings!
· (5) 2-story historic cottages for overnight accommodations/retreats.
· Montcalm lakefront with pavilion includes basketball courts and open spaces for large group outdoor activities and fun!
Rental Space Gallery
Daily (8 AM-8 PM) rental fee of $750.00 which includes concierge service** and all outdoor spaces + additional indoor spaces ala carte:
· +$2000 for Mawby Conference Center & Auditorium
· +$2000 for Towsley Center for Recreation
· +$300 for Chapel-in-the-Woods
· +$300 per Cottage***
*Starr does not provide catering. You must book your own caterer.
**Our staff will meet with you ahead of your event, provide a tour, and provide logistical support including: Assisting with technology needs, coordinating with your caterer and/or other vendors you are using, managing the setup of the space(s), etc.
***24 hour rental rate $600 with capacity up 14 overnight guests per cottage. Cottages could be described as nice camp lodge accommodations. Common spaces are furnished. Bedrooms have beds and mattresses. Renter must bring their own bedding and pillows. Bedrooms do not have attached bathrooms. Bathrooms are shared.
****All prices subject to change. The prices given in this document are for negotiation purposes only and do not constitute an offer. Any rental/lease arrangement will subject to further terms and conditions as indicated by a signed agreement between the parties.