If you’re caring for or helping a child through a traumatic incident, we’ve got dozens of online resources to meet your needs.
Popular for Professionals
These articles are written by professionals for professionals. Read cutting-edge research that will transform the way you care for traumatized children.
- When Students are Traumatized, Teachers are Too
- Adapting SITCAP-ART
- Structured Sensory Interventions for Traumatized Children, Adolescents and Parents: SITCAP in Action
- School Memorials
- Support Needed for Children Losing Parent at Early Age
Resources for Parents
We know that having a child who is showing symptoms of trauma — unusual behavior, worrying, fear of being alone, etc. — can be difficult.
That is why we have put together this resource for parents. It is a place for parents to learn how to help their children, and how they can apply treatment to their child’s life.
Popular for parents
These articles will help you discover ways to help your child — and yourself. Our online articles offer practical aid for parents of children of all ages, from infants to adolescents.
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Reactions
- SITCAP-ART Research
- The Importance of Receiving Help – and how To Ask For It
- Why Schools Need to Be Trauma Informed
- Recon Mission: Familiarizing veterans with their changed emotional landscape through poetry therapy
When You Need More Than Resources
When you need help beyond just resources, please call us. We can help you find the help you need for your child.
We have a number of books available for purchase in our online store that are designed to help you and your family work through trauma using a strength-based approach. These books are fun for kids, and help them move past their trauma.
What Parents Need to Know
This booklet explains trauma to parents.
Resources for Alumni
Coming soon! In the interim, please visit our Starr Alumni Association to learn more about the organization, its scholarship program, and more.