Starr Certified Trauma & Resilience Trainers (CTRT) have a fundamental understanding of and belief in the impact of Starr’s programs, interventions, and resilience-focused approach to healing trauma in children, families, and communities. With this credential, trainers can train each of Starr’s five core courses within or outside of their organization – sharing the same powerful tools and mindset they have mastered with new professionals and organizations, and, most importantly, the children each are driven to heal.
Why pursue CTRT Certification?
- To share your knowledge and passion for empowering professionals to see the devastating impact trauma has on children and understand how they can build resilience and a brighter future for ALL
- To provide regular professional development to professionals within and/or outside of your organization
- To have unlimited access to Starr’s core courses and select resources and materials, including Starr’s new Certified Trauma & Resilience Coach Resource Page (complete with enhanced tools and tutorials on how to implement the “Starr approach”)
- To gain access to a large network of CTRTs, allowing you to share experiences, exchange best practices, and continue to expand your skillset
- To achieve a new, professional credential to showcase on professional materials/platforms to differentiate yourself, complete with a certification badge to distinguish your commitment to building resilience in the children, families, and communities you serve
How do you achieve CTRT Certification?
Professionals must successfully:
- Complete Starr’s five (5) Core Courses
- Achieve Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioners (CTRP) Certification – Clinical or Education
- Complete a CTRT Application and be accepted to complete the CTRT Training
- Purchase and pass the CTRT Training
- Sign the CTRT Agreement
- Initial CTRT certification is active for the calendar year in which it was achieved plus the following calendar year (e.g., if I obtain my CTRT in 2020, my certification status is active through December 31, 2021)
- While CTRT Training is offered annually at Starr’s Trauma & Resilience Conference, it can also be completed at your organizations or virtually upon request – please click here for additional details
- Interested in learning more about the requirements to become and maintain CTRT Certification? Please click here to download a full overview.
How do you maintain active CTRT Certification?
CTRTs must successfully:
- Train one (1) of Starr’s five (5) core courses noted above and complete all of the training requirements outlined in CTRT Agreement (e.g., utilize Starr’s attendance tool and trainer evaluation forms, require the purchase of Starr’ course resources, etc.)
- Complete one (1) previously uncompleted course annually
How do you obtain your badge if you are a current CT/CTRT?
If you are an active CT/CTRT and have not received an email invitation from Acclaim (Admin@YourAcclaim.com) to accept your badge, please complete the form below and a Customer Care Associate will process your request.