Starr Certified Trauma & Resilience Trainers (CTRT) have a fundamental understanding of and belief in the impact of Starr’s programs, interventions, and resilience-focused approach to healing trauma in children, families, and communities. With this credential, trainers can train each of Starr’s five core courses within or outside of their organization – sharing the same powerful tools and mindset they have mastered with new professionals and organizations, and, most importantly, the children each are driven to heal.
Why pursue CTRT Certification?
- To share your knowledge and passion for empowering professionals to see the devastating impact trauma has on children and understand how they can build resilience and a brighter future for ALL
- To provide regular professional development to professionals within and/or outside of your organization
- To have unlimited access to Starr’s core courses and select resources and materials, including Starr’s Certified Trauma & Resilience Coach Resource Page (complete with enhanced tools and tutorials on how to implement the “Starr approach”)
- To gain access to a large network of CTRTs, allowing you to share experiences, exchange best practices, and continue to expand your skillset
- To achieve a new, professional credential to showcase on professional materials/platforms to differentiate yourself, complete with a certification badge to distinguish your commitment to building resilience in the children, families, and communities you serve
How do you achieve CTRT Certification?
Professionals must successfully:
- Complete Starr’s five (5) Core Courses
- Achieve Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioners (CTRP) Certification – Clinical or Education
- Complete a CTRT Application and be accepted to complete the CTRT Training
- Purchase and pass the 2-day CTRT Training ($1,699)
- Sign the CTRT Agreement
- Initial CTRT certification is active for the calendar year in which it was achieved plus the following calendar year (e.g., if I obtain my CTRT in 2022, my certification status is active through December 31, 2023)
When are CTRT Trainings offered and how do you apply?
CTRT Trainings can be completed for your organization (on-demand) or individually, as part of a larger group (via a pre-scheduled date). Please click the button below to learn more.
- Note: For the safety of our participants and instructors, all trainings are currently being offered virtually via Zoom
How do you maintain active CTRT Certification?
CTRTs must successfully:
- Train one (1) of Starr’s five (5) core courses noted above and complete all of the training requirements outlined in CTRT Guidelines (e.g., utilize Starr’s attendance tool and trainer evaluation forms, require the purchase of Starr’ course resources, etc.)
- Complete one (1) eLearning course, in-person/virtual training, or otherwise approved content
- Adhere to all requirements noted in the CTRT Agreement and CTRT Guidelines
- Purchase the CTRT Annual Relicensing Fee ($100)
- Submit the CTRT Recertification – Transcript Review Request Form (upon completion of each of the above)
How do you obtain your badge if you are a current CTRT?
If you are an active CTRT and have not received an email invitation from Credly (email@example.com) to accept your badge, please complete the form below and a Customer Care Associate will process your request.
How do you reactivate your CTRT (formerly known as CT) certification?
If you are uncertain of what is required to reactivate your certification status, please complete our Certification Status Review Form and a member of our team will follow-up with you.