Starr Commonwealth provides professionals with the opportunity to obtain certification as a Certified Trauma Practitioner or Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner. Thousands of professionals have obtained certification since 1995 and tens of thousands have attended our trainings internationally. Currently, over 3,000 schools and agencies across North America have been trained in Starr Commonwealth’s intervention programs.
There are two levels of certification available: Level-1 Certified Trauma Practitioner (Clinical and Educational) and Level-2 Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner
Certified Trauma Practitioner
Track 1: Clinical – Focused on the needs of clinicians
Track 2: Educational – Focused on the needs of educators
Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner Certification
If you already have earned your Level-1 Certification and are interested in advancing, the next level is Level-2.
Starr has created a new certification designed for professionals who are invested in promoting Starr programs, interventions, and resilience-focused approach to healing trauma by being part of our organization as a Starr Certified Trainer.
Keep Your Certification Current
To maintain your Certification you must complete one Starr 6 credit online course or attend a full-day Starr training per calendar year. All Starr courses are approved for Continuing Education credits.
Benefits of Certification
- Sets you apart from others in your field, (educator, social work, counselor, psychologists) as being an expert in trauma.
- Certification supports your credibility as a trauma specialist.
- Provides you with additional credentials which certifies you to provide our evidence based SITCAP® model trauma intervention programs.
- Possible insurance reimbursement for clients.
- Part of a large network of professionals who also specialize in the field of trauma.
- Enhances your skill set as a practitioner, with new tools and intervention programs available to use with traumatized clients.
- Training/Certification easily translates into practical application.