Resilient Schools Project Starter Kit
Transform school culture | Guided by Starr Commonwealth
Starr’s Resilient Schools Project model was born out of a growing need for schools to address students’ needs beyond academics. Schools must be equipped to provide nourishment, safety, structure, and social and emotional support for students. To help respond to these demands with a modern approach, Starr sought ways to offer assistance to school professionals—especially those contending with emotionally dysregulated students, increases in mental health diagnoses such as ADHD, mounting student suspension and expulsion rates, and declining academic achievement. With the sudden and prolonged onset of COVID-19, it is reasonable to see this event alone as a cause for deep concern and proactive measures for trauma and toxic stress.
Starr Commonwealth’s “theory of change,” and the benchmark of our work, is that when trauma-informed and resilience-focused adults work within trauma-informed and resilience-focused systems, the wellbeing and success of children will increase. Only through transformation of culture and climate can schools truly begin to meet students’ needs.
Take your first transformational step toward a trauma-informed, resilience-focused culture with Starr's all-in-one Starter Kit
What's included in the Starter Kit
- Pre-launch, building-wide survey of staff to identify strengths, weaknesses, and attitudes related to trauma-informed, resilience-focused practices and subsequent report of results
- 5 staff (your Champions of Resilience C.O.R. team) trained and certified in Starr’s trauma-informed, resilience-focused model (best if a multi-disciplinary team, a principal strongly encouraged). Champions will receive a CTP-E electronic badge, access to the Education Practitioner Curriculum, the opportunity to virtually attend ZOOM sessions with members of the Starr Team, and an invitation to a closed FB group for Champions only
- Resilient School Starter Library of print tools & resources
- 1-Year, Single-user License for Starr’s K-5 Courageous Classrooms – Skill of the Week program
- 10 1-on-1 ZOOM coaching sessions with your very own member of the All Starr Team
- Post-implementation building-wide survey to staff to identify shifts and progress made in strengths, weaknesses, and attitudes related to trauma-informed, resilience-focused practices and subsequent report of results
- Year-end report from your very own member of the All Starr Team with personalized next steps for your building
A savings of more than $1,000
“Since working with Starr to build environments of resilience, we have shifted the culture in our school 180 degrees. We have experienced our highest test scores and the highest enrollment in 13 years.”
“Thank you... My classroom is running smoother... I'm actually enjoying myself this year.”