In this foundation-setting course, participants will be walked, step-by-step, through the impact trauma has on the social, emotional, and physical development of youth, and the role resilience plays in creating positive, future health outcomes for the individuals they serve in clinical settings.
Section 1: Children of Trauma and Resilience, begins with a strong focus on resilience and includes an exploration of how core values and beliefs direct the way professionals work with children. The four universal needs of all human beings as explained by the Circle of Courage model including belonging, mastery, independence, and generosity are explained and discussed. Participants learn about the experience of trauma as one that impacts a person’s body and shown a demonstration of trauma’s impact on the brain. Participants learn the importance of sensory-based interventions and how to assess a child’s private logic and universal needs. Finally, participants practice the development of trauma-informed and resilience-focused support plans for youth.
Section 2: Structured Sensory Interventions, takes participants deeper into the brain science of trauma and toxic stress, exploring the polyvagal theory, epigenetics, and the science of resilience. The content emphasizes the importance of hope when working with at-risk and traumatized youth. Participants learn about the SITCAP® model (Structured Sensory Interventions for Traumatized Children, Adolescents and Parents) and practice sensory-based interventions from a variety of SITCAP® model programs, including Healing the Experience of Trauma: A Path to Resilience. Experiential activities and the presentation of case examples showcase how to process trauma and nurture and restore resilience in youth of all ages.
Included with Purchase:
- 12 hours of instructional videos, resources, and activities
- Closed Captioning is available on all video content (English & Spanish subtitles)
- Downloadable PDFs of:
- Section 1, Children of Trauma and Resilience PowerPoint Handouts and Guidebook
- Section 2, Structured Sensory Interventions PowerPoint Handouts and Guidebook
- Course Exam
- Access to the course page for 1 year (365 days)
- Course Certificate of Completion
- Certified Trauma and Resilience Specialist in Clinical Application (CTRS-C) Certification, Badge, and Certificate of Completion
- An invitation to purchase the CTRS-C StarrPASS on Starr’s streaming platform, to gain access to additional and ongoing learning opportunities
There are no reviews yet.