Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment and Differential Diagnosis
Pre-Requisite Courses: Children of Trauma and Resilience or Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools
Course Overview: Mental health disorders are the most common diseases of childhood. Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment & Differential Diagnosis will provide participants an understanding of the significant overlapping symptomology between mental health disorders and childhood trauma, and a clear view of what it looks like in schools and classrooms. In addition, the gap between the need and treatment of mental health problems in schools will be discussed. Participants will learn practical ways they can help, including: reducing the stigma of mental health, bridging the gaps between treatment and need, and focusing on fostering and nurturing characteristics of resilience in students.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Compare at least five ways a trauma-informed, resilience-focused assessment is different than a standardized assessment
- Identify the overlapping symptomology between trauma and at least two other common mental health disorders
- Describe the pathway of a dysregulated central nervous system to the use of at-risk coping behaviors
- Name five common characteristics found in the drawings of traumatized children
- Provide a list of at least 3 assessment activities most helpful with school-age children as a result of taking this course
Included with Purchase:
- A downloadable PDF of the Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment & Differential Diagnosis Guidebook and Presentation
- CE Certificate of Completion
- This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete and you do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- Starr eLearning courses can be completed on laptops, tablets, or mobile devices – allowing the content to be accessed whenever and wherever convenient.
- Once you purchase this course, you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days) – courses can be renewed for another year at an additional fee if desired.
- Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Focused Assessment & Differential Diagnosis counts as an elective toward achieving a Starr Commonwealth professional
certification. Click here to learn more!